Monday, December 31, 2012

Warm Holiday Wishes


Hi friends!  As you know, this year was not a great blogging year for me; I don't even feel like I made that many single cards this year because I was so focused on making card sets!  Hopefully 2013 will be more about getting back to working on single cards.  I'm always looking to improve my coloring, layouts, color choices and using up my ever-growing stash!

I did make many, many single Christmas cards this year, in an attempt to tackle all those bits and pieces in my Christmas supplies, but after I thought I had made enough cards, my dad asked me to make some for him.  Needless to say, I went back to my mass-produced safety net to save on time and creative energy!  I used some papers by Cloud 9 and the Photo Finishers die by Papertrey Ink.  The stamp is from Holiday Photo Finishers (I'm not sure if you can read the tiny banner, but the whole sentiment reads "warm holiday wishes").  I love how simple the design is; I let the patterned paper do all the work!  :)  Here are a couple of close-ups:



I should probably mention that this was the year I finally caved and bought some PTI supplies.  For so long, I didn't see what all the fuss was about, but a few months ago, someone contacted me for a custom order and wanted the inside greeting to mention Christmas AND the New Year, so I purchased the Holiday Wishes stamp set.  It's been downhill from there!  I've purchased a bunch of their thick cardstock, but the stamp sets are still kind of pricey for me, so I only buy when I have enough in my paypal account.  That motivated me to stock my shop, which I am in dire need of doing again now that the holidays are over!  

I hope to post the single Christmas cards I made over the next couple of days, but they're not my best work.  I do enjoy going back over my blog every now and then to see the progress I've made, or to inspire myself to do better than my "eh" efforts.  I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday and wish you health and happiness in the new year.  Thanks for stopping by and sharing this journey with me!

-Suzanne :O )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...