Saturday, January 5, 2013

Boxed Cards


Good morning, friends!  I mentioned yesterday that my co-workers and I exchange small gifts with each other for Christmas.  I work with so many delightful people, and they all help me do my job in different ways, so I like to give them something from the heart as a way to show my appreciation.  I made 18 sets of cards this year and packaged them in clear boxes so they could see right away what was inside.  I get my boxes from Denami Designs whenever I go to scrapbook shows.  (The cards are 4" x 5.5".)

I used lots of stamps from Paper Smooches and on the sympathy card, a two-step flower from Basic Grey and a sentiment from Impression Obsession.  That card and the birthday card use papers from DCWV and the other two cards feature patterned papers from My Mind's Eye.  All of the cardstock is Papertrey Ink.

I kept the cards simple (because I was in a time-crunch, of course); the only notable technique is the one I used on the birthday card- I stamped the butterflies in a dark ink and then flipped the stamp over and used a lighter ink to color the images.

I tried to keep the colors limited to blues, greens and yellows to give the set a somewhat cohesive look and I'm pretty happy with the results, considering I made 72 cards in two days!  My co-workers really loved the cards, too, and I think they enjoy getting something practical to use!  :)

I hope you enjoy my card sets too, and have a great Saturday!  Thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...