Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hang in There!



Hi everyone!  Unfortunately this is a card with not such a happy background story- a good friend of my brother's just found out her three year old son has leukemia.  She was asking for donations of diapers, gift cards for food, and toys so she could make do while at the hospital.  My mom and I sent a package and I thought it would be nice to send a handmade card as well.  I tried to use lots of bright, happy colors (all papers are from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist collection).  The sticker is another one from my dollar sticker book- I thought this monkey would be good for a boy card.  Everything else was all pinks and purples!  :P  For a finishing touch, I added some old clips by Making Memories.

 I hope you like my card, and if you're the praying kind, please send prayers to Louise and her family.  Christian is supposed to be coming home on Saturday and will continue chemo treatments, but any well wishes sent their way would be much appreciated!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...