Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy "Bee" Day!


Hi friends!  Just wanted to share a super fun set of birthday cards I made for some of the special girls in my life!  I made 4 of these cards, but I gave one away before I remembered I wanted to take a picture of the set!  I started off with this week's Taylored Expressions sketch, and got to work with lots of yummy papers from the Flower Shower Spring Stack by DCWV.  I have to say that this is probably the first DCWV stack that I absolutely LOVE- the colors are right up my alley.  Anyway, I used a stamp by Stampendous, some yellow American Crafts cardstock, and ribbon/staples from my stash.  The brads are Target, and the bee is embellished with Doodlebug sugar coating and/or flocking.  I had a tough time with the flocking because I wanted to do yellow AND black flocking, but I did the yellow first, and then the black flocking was sticking to the yellow, so then I switched to black glitter, but that didn't work too much better.  Next time I'll have to remember to do the darker color first- oops!  The bee guy also has some Prisma glitter to jazz up his wings ;)  These cards were a ton of fun to make- I really miss mass producing.  I just went through all of my patterned papers and pulled out the older stuff so I can work on using it up!  No more buying paper just because it's on clearance- I only buy the stuff I absolutely LOVE now! :)  Hope you're all having a cool week- it's been pretty humid here in NY- man, I can't wait for fall to arrive!!!

-Suzanne :O )          

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Suzanne! That bee flying with the balloon couldn't be anymore fun! I love it!! I think you did a fab job with the flocking/glitter it looks great to me. I love his little party hat too. what a cute stamp! Fantastic card!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Super Cute! Love the colors! Fantastic cards!
:) Rachel

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love these bright cheery cards!! So cute Suzanne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...