Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby cards

 
 


Hi friends!  Sorry I've been spotty with my posting.. for a while I wasn't feeling too crafty, and now I've been focusing on filling up my Etsy shop, so I've been pretty busy with that.  I wanted to share some more baby cards, made in the last couple of weeks.  I can't believe I'm old enough that my friends are starting to have babies... it seemed like it was always cousins or my older brothers' friends having babies, and now it's my peers.. kind of scary to think that I'm in that demographic now!  :)


The first card started off with some jellishments from Doodlebug and a coordinating piece of patterned paper.  I matted the stripes with kraft cardstock and stuck the jellishments on some white cardstock.  For added interest, I used a Fiskars border punch on one edge.  To finish off the card, I tied some blue satin ribbon in a simple knot.


The second card was inspired by the patterned paper from Target's dollar spot.  The paper was almost a scene unto itself, so I embellished lightly, with some purple twill ribbon, a couple of buttons (also from Target) and the chipboard sentiment by Colorbok that I've had FOREVER.  :)  I put a stroller brad through the hole in the chipboard- I think it would have looked weird if I had left the hole there.  I matted the whole piece on some sage-y green cardstock and called it quits.


I think I'm done with baby cards for a little while now!  Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my creations!


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...