Friday, November 30, 2012

Recycled Santa Tag

 

Hi friends!  My blog has been seriously neglected this year, but thankfully the SFYTT grand prize has kept me going!  I'm squeaking in just under the wire to post a Christmas card I made based on this sketch:



I've finished all of my craft fair merchandise for this year, so I've switched back over from mass-producing cards to making single cards, and I'm really happy to say that all of the pieces used on the card above were scraps!  I have a fair small pile of scraps that I try to attack every year when I make my Christmas thank you notes, but I thought it would be a good idea this year to try and use mostly scraps for my personal Christmas cards.

In addition to my scraps, I've been trying to use up all the "bits and pieces" of embellishments I have- things I don't have multiples of to make card packs from, like the ends of ribbon, buttons, rub-ons, chipboard, die-cuts, etc.  

The green paper was embellished with an entire sheet (!) of rub-ons, but I think the glue was a little dried out, because not everything transferred directly.  I shrugged it off- let's pretend it's supposed to look "distressed," mmkay??  :)  The white cardstock was a scrap of Sizzix embossed snowflakes and the red polka dot is Provo Craft.  The green patterned paper circle is Me & My Big Ideas and the Santa die-cut is actually a cute gift tag I had saved from a present a few years ago!  :)

I hope you like my card, and thanks for bearing with me on my long-winded post!

-Suzanne : O)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...