Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Using Up Old Supplies





Hi everyone! I just wanted to do a quick post and show some cards I made recently with old supplies. The baby card I made from a card kit, and I can't even remember where I got it now- I want to say Joann's but I could be wrong. The inside sentiment is from K & Company.

The birthday card I made using some old balloon embellishments I bought on clearance at a greeting card store. The candles/cake paper came in a book (yes, a book) of patterned paper that I bought on clearance (loooove clearance!) at Walden Books. The lime green paper I embossed with my new Cuttlebug, which was a birthday gift from my parents. I haven't had time to play around with it much, but I'm sure it'll quickly become a new favorite tool! :D The ribbon is by Offray and came in a little pack that I bought at the dollar store (looooove the dollar store too, especially when they have scrapbooking supplies!).

It's interesting how "passe" these cards look to me, but I think it's fun to challenge myself to use what I already have. I have soooo many supplies and I really want to use my old stuff so I can use the things that are more my current style. These aren't my best cards, but I wanted to post them anyway.

I'm curious to know how you all feel about your old supplies- still love them? Are they gathering dust? Are you embarrassed to use them anymore? Maybe I should post a challenge on making your old supplies new... stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by, and leave a comment if you have a minute!

-Suzanne :O )

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Suzanne, They're all really cute!

Annette said...

Hey Suzanne, these cards are adorable! I love the baby pin one. I'm with you on the supplies, I have way to much stuff also. I did go thru alot of my really old stuff that I knew I would never, ever use so I gave it away to little 2 girls at Gayles TAC party. Two future cardmakers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...