Saturday, April 11, 2009

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #63



I made this card for my boyfriend's mother and it's so her. :) I knew I wanted to use the "Queen for a day" sentiment (vellum sticker by K&Co) and crown from Maya Road for her, so I used those as a starting point. I went through my papers and pulled out a never-used-before pack by American Greetings that I bought at the dollar store (8 sheets of patterned papers, 16 sheets of coordinating plain papers and 2 sheets of stickers for a buck! yessss). I added some American Crafts ribbon and Darice gems and voila! A vibrant, spring-y birthday card was made. This is one of my better cards, so I hope Chris' mom likes it! Thanks for stopping by :)

-Suzanne :O )

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Cute card!

just me and z said...

I LOVE that ribbon and the patterned paper! It is awesome! :)
Great job!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Suzanne, Love how you turned the sketch on its side! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute, Cute.... My kinda card. Love the Queens cown love the paper, and absolutely love how you applied the ribbon. It all looks so good together. terrific card Suzanne.

Christine said...

Very cute card! I'm sure your boyfriends mother will love it.

I've posted my blog candy now so go take a look!

Blessings,
Christine

Patti said...

Cute! hey! I am glad you mentioned Chris : ) It has been a long time since you mentioned him how are you kids doing?? You should post some pictures girl!!

I'm sure his Mom will love it and I am sure Chris appreciates you making her such a special card.

(((Hugs))) Patti

Annette said...

Awesome card Suzanne! Love the colors and your bow is spectacular!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a super card, I love that ribbon! BR-T

Jess said...

Adorable card! I'm sure she'll love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...