Thursday, April 2, 2009

Use It #4

Hi everyone! Here's my Use It #4 card. We were asked by the lovely Judy to use:
Scraps of any kind -
check! As you can see, I have many short scraps of ribbon, some are only about 2 inches! It was time to *use them*! I also only used scraps of paper on this card. The aqua is K&Co, the pink is Making Memories and I think the Easter Egg one is Provo Craft, but I'm not sure.

Punches and/or die cuts -
check! I used my Fiskars border punch.

Two or more different ribbons -
check! 3 ribbon scrappies were used :)

One or more embellishments that you once loved and use a lot, but haven't used for a long time -
This one was tough for me, but I finally came up with staples. I used to use them all the time, especially when attaching vellum, but I haven't in a while. So, I added tons of Making Memories aqua staples haphazardly, to look somewhat like messy stitching.

I'm not sure about the image, it came in a swap, but I colored it a bit with my watercolor pencils. I've been using mostly pastels for my Easter cards, so I thought it would be fun to use bright colors this time ;) Hope you like, and thanks to Judy for a neat challenge!

-Suzanne :O )

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Suzanne!!!! This is such an ADORABLE card!! L♥ve that super cute image, the fabulous colors, and your AMAZINGly creative use of staples (forgot about those neglected embellies!!). Awesome job girl, thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
hugs!!
~rae

Annette said...

Adorable card Suzanne! I never in a million years thought to save small ribbon scraps, now I know there is a use for them and I am going to start saving them! Love the staples, I thought they were stitching when I first saw them, your technique is awesome! Have a great weekend!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Great card Suzanne!! Wish I had time to join in the fun this week! That definitely was a challenge!

Tonya said...

This is a really cute card! I have those staples, too, and never use them. I am going to have to on a future Use It! challenge. Great job!

Jess said...

Suzanne, adorable card! I love how you made such great use of your ribbon scraps. I got your card today with the stamps. The card is so cute and I love the stamps. Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

You sure did a wonderful job with that challenge. I thought the staples were stitches as well. like the look you achieved with those. Your card turned out super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...