Thursday, September 29, 2011

Woodware Fall Theme Card and Where I've Been!



Hi there, friends!  It sure has been a long time since my last post; September has been a crazy month!  Hurricane Irene came through at the end of August and while we didn't have much damage (just a few inches of water in the garage, which drained out once the sump pump was able to catch up with the water flow) our phone/internet was knocked out for a couple of weeks.  Once we had our internet back, I was getting myself ready to start participating in my design team challenges and then I got the flu last week!  I was out of work for an entire week (I can't remember the last time I was out sick for that long!) and didn't feel like doing anything.  I'm FINALLY feeling back to normal, but I still have a lot of catching up to do.


Above is my Woodware card, several days late.  We were asked to make a fall card, which actually stumped me, because I didn't have any obvious fall stamps from Woodware.  I did see some leaves in the Woodland Mushrooms set, so I pulled those out, along with the acorn, stamped them in various Colorbox inks, and created a pretty background.  The vellum sentiment is an old piece from a DCWV scrapbook kit, but I thought it was perfect for this card, so I layered it on a scrap of paper and made it the centerpiece.  To finish off the card, I added a felt pumpkin sticker (Target) and a shrinky dink sentiment I found in my stash.


It doesn't really feel like fall here in New York, but I am SO ready for it!  Fall is probably my favorite season and I am eagerly anticipating the change in weather- I've had enough of the high temps and humidity that have been plaguing us this week!  :)


I hope you'll forgive me for my absence and bear with me as I get my act together and catch up with my design team work, and get my mojo back for non-design team projects!  I can't wait to get back to posting regularly again, I've missed this!  :)


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...