Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Time for fall!



I am SOOO ready for fall- the change in temperature, the turning of the leaves, long sleeve shirts, football games and hot apple cider!  Fall has always been my favorite season so I thought I'd see what I could do to incorporate it with this week's Woodware Challenge!  We were asked to use 3 PAPERS, 2 EMBELLISHMENTS and 1 IMAGE.  


I wanted to see if I could use Mary & Friends for a fall theme, rather than the spring-y colors I would normally gravitate towards.  I figured paper piecing her outfit would be a good way to incorporate some fun patterned papers and warmer colors.  I started off with some pretty new papers by DCWV (Harvest Gathering Matstack) and used those same papers to paper piece Mary's dress, hat and kitty.  (Who doesn't love an argyle cat?!)  I colored the rest of Mary with my Copics and cut her out with my Nestabilities.  


Next, I die-cut a leaf with my Cuttlebug die, roughed it up a bit and inked it around the edges with some Chestnut Colorbox ink.  I added a red button for a not-so-obvious embellishment.  For my second embellishment, I pulled out some dark sage ribbon from my stash.  It was all wrinkled but I kind of liked that- it reminds me of fallen leaves.  Instead of stopping at 2 EMBELLISHMENTS like we were supposed to, I got out of control and couldn't resist adding two brads by Basic Grey.  That turquoise panel looked lonely without them!  <>  ;)


To finish off the card, I stamped the stampingscrapping.com sentiment with more Chestnut ink.  There's a lot going on here, but hopefully this card isn't TOO busy.  I hope it inspires you to start making fall cards!  If you get a chance to play along, we'd love to see your creation!  Link up here:


Woodware Challenge #41


Thanks for stopping by!
-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Suzanne, she is adorable with these fall colors!! Wonderful job on the challenge this week!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Terrific Fall card! Dig the paper-piecing and that leaf embellishment. TFS

marilynprestonn said...

What a darling little gal and she seems to be all ready for fall. I am trying to keep away from it, but I know it will catch up with me, it alwasys does. LOL

Beautiful creation though Suzanne. :)Peggy

Melissa said...

This is adorable, Suzanne!!! Love the warm colors on this! I'm ready for fall too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...