Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cards for Heroes

Hi everyone! I'm a big fan of the Hero Arts blog (I have a link posted to the left) and I thought I'd post this information on my blog. What's written below is by Jennifer McGuire... I hope you'll consider donating some cards :) It's a great reason for me to use up some of my many, MANY Christmas supplies! Especially after Christmas, I go nuts buying things on clearance and then I have way too much stuff :) Ok, here's Jennifer explaining everything:

-Suzanne :O )

I heard of a great website called Cards For Heroes. This sites mission is “to support our nation’s armed forces by sending greeting cards on which deployed troops can write home, as well as cards full of gratitude sent to injured heroes recovering in hospitals.” I started talking to Sandy Allnock, the site’s generous and talented president, and we thought that it would be fun to collect the holiday cards for this weeks Hero Arts Blog challenge.

If you would like to participate, you can send your card(s) to the address below. (The cards can either have a message written in them for a soldier, or the cards can be blank so that the soldiers can write in them and send them home to their families.) We will collect them and send them via Cards For Heroes to soldiers overseas. (For all of you stampers who aren’t in the USA, you are welcome to still send them in to us or pass them on to a program in your own country. I am collecting a list of contacts for each country, so you can also email me at jennifer(a)heroarts.com if you would like that information.) On September 30th, we will randomly pick three winners from the cards that were sent in and will send the winners a Hero Arts Let It Snow Clear Design stamp set (see image below)! So, send those cards in. Here is the address:

Jennifer McGuire
Heroes Card Drive
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, OH 45242



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...