Monday, September 1, 2008

Congrats card


Hi everyone! This is a quick little card I made for my brother's girlfriend- she just started a new job as a counselor at a drug rehab. I didn't really know what to use as an image, but I've decided I have to start showing off my patterned paper more- let THAT be the focal. :) I was thinking I wanted to do black and white with a couple of pops of color, so I pulled out the black and white papers from my scrap folder, and then I found the pink chipboard flower in my "junk drawer". I only say that because it's my drawer of things I don't know where else to put. I had one last jewel laying around, so I used that as the "flower bud". I had a strip of green paper in my scrap folder and I used the reverse side of a photo mat to match the flower and also frame the black and white paper. On the inside, I used a rub-on that says "congrats". The pinks and green are much more vivid in person, of course, but I always end up making my cards at night when the light isn't great. Hopefully you get the idea, though :) I just wanted to share this simple, but dramatic card- I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by :)

-Suzanne :O )

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is so pretty. Love how you used the paper as the focus of the card, I struggle with that... never think to use it like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...