Monday, July 6, 2009

Use It! #17




Happy Monday, friends! I'm actually *early* for this week's Use It! challenge! Hooray! :) This week Joke is the hostess, and she asked us to:

1- Use your newest papers.
check! I know I'm late, but I finally got my hands on Basic Grey's Cupcake line.

2- There has to be a name on the card.
check! My friend John from high school loves my cards so I wanted to do it up for his birthday. We call each other "Friend", so I promise I'm not cheating on this part! lol

3- Use at least one button.
check! check! I bought these awesomely vibrant buttons at my dollar store.

4- Use your sewing machine, if you have, or try to stitch, a tiny piece, by hand.
A seamstress I am not, but I sort of like the messy stitches I did around the top of the card. It seems to go well with the funky paper :)

I also used a brand spanking new stamp set that I found at AC Moore last night. It has tons of cupcakes and ice cream cones, and the "spoil yourself" was one of the sentiments. Yum! The bow on the present seemed to be calling out for something, so I added a gem by Darice ;)

I have just one gripe. I bought a pack of matching Basic Grey Cupcake rub-ons and I was going to use the "Make a Wish" sentiment only to find that it would NOT adhere to the paper! At all! I've had some rub-ons that tear or need some SERIOUS pressure, but never this! I rubbed REALLY hard, to no avail. I'm extremely disappointed, especially since I paid $7 for them! :( If anyone has any tricks or tips, please let me know! I don't know why they won't stick. :(

Anyway, I hope you like my card, rub-on or not! Thanks for passing by!

-Suzanne :O )

5 comments:

Joke said...

I like your take on "my" Use it! challenge. The papers are great and so is your stitching. Thanks for participating and I'm sure John likes your card.

GiftsByHeidi said...

He will love it Suzanne!! It's wonderful. Great job!

Unknown said...

FABULOUS card Suzanne, love the Cupcake paper {although sorry to hear about the rub-ons... that's strange?!}
thanks for playing along with the Use It! challenge this week!!
hope that all is well with you~
♥rae

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heidi. He will love it! You've done a fabulous job as always.

Tiffany said...

this is super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...