Thursday, July 23, 2009

Use It! #19



Hi friends! I've been working VERY hard to prepare myself for my second craft show. I'm going to have a table set up at my town's Grape Harvest Festival (held at The Brotherhood Winery, America's oldest!). I did a craft show in December of 2007, but I think I had too much going on- I made Christmas cards, notepads, small boxes, Snowman Soup and jars of ready-to-go cookie mix. This time, I'm just going to focus on making packs of cards. Over the past couple of weeks I've been focusing on making Christmas cards, but soon I'm going to focus on making birthday or thank you or wedding, etc. I've really been USING my paper- that was one of the reasons I decided to go with mass producing. I can get four cards out of every 12x12 sheet of paper, and it's much easier to make 4 of the same exact card than it is to make 4 different cards :) The show is not until October 3, but I still feel like time is slipping away from me!

Anyway, on to this week's Use It! challenge, hosted by Ellen:

1 Dive into your old papers box and search for some "scrap" papers in MONOCHROMATIC colors.
check! I used 3 different Christmas papers from my Christmas scrap pile. :)
2 Add a TAG or a LABEL to your card.
check! I used regular manila tags- I forget to use them as a stamping surface, but I need to keep that in mind more often!
3 Use at least one of your favorite STAMPS.
check! How adorable is this little Inkadinkado Santa? The sentiment is so warm and cozy, too!
4 Add a LAYERED FLOWER.
check x4! For a while I was on a flower kick, but I haven't been lately. This brought me back to my flower frenzy, and bonus- I got to use more of my flower stash! Yay! :)

I also used some Making Memories brads, Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon and my Copic markers to color in Mr. Claus. I really love these cards... but hopefully other people think so too and they SELL! lol Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a great week!

-Suzanne :O )

3 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Those are really cute!! I hope you do well at the craft fair!

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that you will do fantastic at the craft fair. I agree with Heidi. Those are extra cute suzanne!

Ellen said...

A little bit late but I'm just back from my vacation in Italy and I was not able to visit your blog while I was there. I love your card and the fantastic Santa stamp you used. Thanks for playing along in "my" challenge(#19) on the Use it! Blog.

Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...