Monday, January 18, 2010

Card Set Packages



Hi everyone!  I had a FABULOUS time shopping on Saturday.  I'm head over heels in love with Hobby Lobby.  Seriously.  I'm totally smitten.  I can't wait to go back.  :D  I wonder if they give coupons, though? 

Today I'm finally sharing these sweet little DVD boxes I picked up at my local thrift store.  I bought 12 of them for a quarter each, and at the time I didn't know what I was going to use them for, but I figured for that price, they had to be mine! :)  Originally, I thought about using them to package some of the Christmas cards I was selling at the craft fairs, but they were already sealed in plastic, plus I would have either had to jack up the price of the cards or included the box in the price, and then I would have been losing money.  SO... it finally dawned on me that instead of buying small little gifts for my co-workers, I would use the boxes to package a variety of cards! 

My first thought was to decide which occasions to make.  I figured birthday, thank you, get well, and sympathy were cards most people would use (and appreciate!).  To make my life easier, I made 12 of each, so I didn't spend more than 2-3 hours on any one occasion. I kept the layouts pretty simple, too. :)

You can see a sneak peak of all the cards in that first photo, but the first set I'm showing you in detail is the sympathy card.  I used up some old K&Co papers, and these kraft "bookmarks" I bought on clearance at Michaels.  I put bookmark in quotes, because they're really just strips of cardstock, intended to be embellished as bookmarks.  I got a package of 50 for something cheap like 50 cents or a dollar.  Anyway, they come in handy for trying to save time on projects like this! :)  I used my 3inch scalloped circle punch and the bird-on-a-branch image by Inkadinkado for my focal point.  The sentiment is My Sentiments Exactly (Sympathy Sentiments) and the inside says "Our hearts and prayers are with you at this time" 

I will be posting the other 3 cards this week, so stay tuned!

-Suzanne :O )

5 comments:

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Beautiful cards Suzanne! I love them! Those boxes to hold them are perfect! Have a great day!
:) Rachel

GiftsByHeidi said...

Great idea Suzanne!! You always find the best deals, I need to take you shopping with me! :)

Janice W. said...

I love the cards you have made! My favorite is the birthday card! I love the colors!

Cassie Thomas said...

Beautiful Suzanne! And yes Hobby Lobby does offer coupons; just sign up on their site...happy crafting! : )

Anonymous said...

I'm with Heidi... I would love to shop with you as well. I love those boxes and what you've done with them. I also love the cards you came up with and I know your gift (s) will be a HUGE hit!
awesome idea and beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...