Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mini-muffins!


So I'm a little last posting this, but hopefully it was worth the wait! :D  My dad's school has monthly breakfasts, and this month it was his grade's turn to host, so he asked me to make some muffins.  For a while I've been wanting to make these fun toothpick embellishments, but I never had the right occasion.  The "love muffin" stamp came in a Valentine's Day set, and I knew this would be the *perfect* time to showcase it.  I took out my much-used and much-loved punches and got to work.  I made blueberry muffins, so I wanted to go with a purple/blue theme, so I started out punching scalloped circles from some My Mind's Eye paper.  To that, I added khaki cardstock, and stamped the image with violet Colorbox ink on white cardstock.  I couldn't help adding a bit of Doodlebug Sugar Coating to the heart.  :)  I colored the muffin with a colored pencil and used a bit of double-sided tape to adhere the scalloped circles to the toothpicks.  It took me quite a while, as I had made 40 muffins, but it was an easy project.  I'll probably do it again- it was a big hit with the teachers!!!  Hope you enjoy!  I'll be posting my Easter cards soon- be sure to stop back!


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janice W. said...

Wow! You have been busy! I am sure they were a big hit!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Good lord! That is a lot of muffins and looks like it was a lot of work! But wow - incredible job! They turned out great!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

So cute! Those muffins look delicious!
:) Rachel

Anonymous said...

That is a whole lot of muffins and Now I'm craving one myself : )
They are fabulous! I can see why they were a hit. And I really like the toothpick toppers. Gotta love those punches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...