Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hoppy Birthday, Mate!


My friend ordered a card from me for her friend's birthday, but didn't give me much to go on.  Her friend lives in Australia, so once I got the old wheels turning, I came up with this festive kangaroo guy! :D  I believe the die-cut is a Cricut die (it came in a swap) and I added an Inkadinkado cupcake and a party hat "button", embellished with some Stickles glitter glue.  All of the papers are K&Co- I love how fun and colorful they are!  I added a scrap of purple paper, stamped the Studio G sentiment, and added a brad (also from a swap- look at me using my stash!).  The inside sentiment (Hoppy Birthday, Mate!) was printed onto an Avery label. I love punny cards!! :)  I used a recent Taylored Expressions sketch for the layout:
I hope you get a "kick" out of this card!  Ok, ok, I'll stop with the puns.  :)  I'm SO excited to have a three day weekend after a reeeeeeeeally long and boring week at work (the kids are on spring break, so the office was really quiet).  I hope to get a lot of cards made this weekend!

-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of your kangaroo card as well as your fun puns. It's a super cute card and I love how you've embellished it.
I hope you have a wonderful 3 day weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!
Happy Easter Suzanne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...