Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Placecards

Hi there!  Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  I just baked up a batch of pumpkin spice bars and I'm excited to spend time with my family tomorrow.  I'd been toying with the idea of making placecards just for fun (we're a small group, so we don't *need* them).  When I read Michelle Wooderson's blog post asking us to show her some Cosmo Cricket creations, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I've had this Everafter paper for a while, and always knew that I would use the orange paper below for a Thanksgiving project and not for a wedding card.  I cut some brown cardstock into 4x4 squares, scored and folded them to make the base.  Then I cut the CC paper with my Nestabilities and layered that on top of the brown cardstock.  Using another Nestabilities shape, I die-cut the top layer and added the design with a Pink Paisley stamp and some amber ColorBox ink. I added the names of our guests with a brown Sharpie to finish them off.  Super simple and quick, but I think it makes for a nice touch!  I'm so glad I made them. :)  




Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in Blogland! :)

-Suzanne :O )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...