Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The spirit of the season




Hi friends!  Just a quick post today to share a set of Christmas cards I made.  I won this Darcie's stamp set a few months ago and couldn't wait to ink it up.  Since the frame and sentiment had a vintage feel, I thought I'd pull out my vintage sheet music and buttons and try something besides my usual cute-and-colorful style.  The paper is DCWV- a couple more sheets I wanted to use up, but I think it works well here.  :)  I tore the sheet music in strips, added some fabric flowers (by Darice, I think?) and inked the entire piece with some Moss Green ColorBox ink.  To fill the space, I wrapped some floss around the card.. it was kind of time consuming, so I'm not sure I'd do it again, but it adds interest, I hope. I loooove the vintage buttons!  I've had them since the summer and haven't really used them yet, so this stamp set was the perfect way to show them off.  I hope you enjoy these vintage-y cards, and thanks to Darcie for being so generous! :D


-Suzanne :O ) 


PS-  Sorry for the dark pictures, I don't think I had my flash on! :(
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Suzanne, I LOVE the vintage music paper you used! That really makes the card. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...