Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cake in a Cup




Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm back today to share the cake in a cup mugs I had mentioned in yesterday's post.  This was another BIG hit at my craft fairs.  It was so popular I had to make another batch!  I found the recipe for the mix in a Gooseberry Patch book and it's pretty simple to do.  If you're interested in making your own, you can buy the recipes, "Cake in a Cup" labels, and dry mix/glaze recipes from my Etsy shop.  You get all 3 PDFs for only $4 and you can print them as many times as you like!  Here's the link:


Cake in a Cup Label PDFs





These didn't take long to make and come in handy for teachers, co-workers, Secret Santas, bus drivers, coaches, neighbors, etc.  I charged $3 each and people were buying them in multiples (and I think a few people bought just for themselves! lol).  I made a little pocket for the recipe with kraft cardstock, similar to the ones I used on the cookie in a jar mixes.  I added scraps of patterned paper and used some paper punches for the label.  I'll definitely be making these again next year and I'll probably try different flavors of cake (theses are all chocolate with chocolate glaze).  Feel free to email or comment with any questions.  I hope you enjoy this gift idea! 


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...