Thursday, December 29, 2011

With Sympathy




Hi friends!  Just popping in with a quick post in what I hope is a string of more regular posts!  My boss's mother passed away last week so I wanted to make a simple but thoughtful card.  I started with that enormous clear sticker by American Crafts.  They seem to be my go-to for sympathy cards because they take up most of the space on a card when I get stumped for an image to use.  They're a little hard to use when they stick to themselves but I love how quickly I can put cards together with them.  The beige background is actually some packaging I recycled and the green satin ribbon was in my scrap stash.  I die-cut a ribbon slider and stamped the Impression Obsession sentiment with brown ink.  To finish off the card, I punched an indent with the tip of a circle punch, tied the ribbon with some twine and added a vintage button on top.  Oh, and I punched out the corners, too.  :)  I like that the colors are bright but get toned down with the earthy cardstocks.  I hope you enjoy my card too, thank you for stopping by!!


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...