Friday, December 30, 2011

Cookie Exchange/Cookies in a Jar

Hi friends!  Popping in with another post today- this one's pretty lengthy, so bear with me!!  I have a LOT to catch up on with my craft fair goodies, Christmas cards and gift packaging.  I'll start with the packaging I whipped up for my cookie exchange at work.  I made oatmeal butterscotch cookies with walnuts and used these bakery bags I had picked up at a yard sale.  We were supposed to include our recipe, so I clipped that on with a regular old paper clip and added a fun tag using some stamps by Clear & Simple Stamps.  The overall effect is a little busy, a little messy, but I really wanted to use these stamps!! LOL  The cookies I stamped on the background are from Cookie Bake:

The sentiments were stamped on some flags I die-cut with my Nestabilities and stapled onto the tags.  This was a very quick & easy project since I was in a rush (every year I always think I'm going to *make* time for things like this, but it never seems to happen the way I plan! lol).  I also have the Cookie Bake Extras set which came in handy for my cookies in a jar:

I made up 5 different jar recipes and sold them for $7 each at my craft fairs.  I made 15 jars all together and had 6 left over at the end of the season.  Luckily, Chris had 5 co-workers he wanted to give gifts to, and the last remaining jar went to his mother as a hostess gift on Christmas Eve.  I was worried that I would have a ton of food items left over from my craft fairs, but everything that didn't sell eventually found a home (you'll see as I keep posting what else I made).  ;)  Anyway, onto the jars and their tags!

The pic above shows 4 of the varieties, and the picture below shows the 5th on its own display:

I guess I remembered to put the flash on in the picture below, and you can see a peek of my cake in a cup mixes to the left:

Here's a close up of the tag; you can see how I used the cookie words stamp to make a background.  The pocket for the recipe was made out of kraft cardstock, and I believe the dimensions were 4" x 9", scored at 3".  I used some staples at the top and printed the recipe and the name of the mix from my computer.

I realized too late that I probably should have taken a side view of the jars so you could see how the layers looked, but you get the idea.  :)  It was a bit of work to make these, but my customers and Chris's employees really seemed to like them!  Thanks so much for sticking through this long post!

-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...