Saturday, April 24, 2010

pre-decorated box


Hi again- just thought you might all like to see how the box looked before I decorated it.  This is certainly not my style, and I might even go so far as to say the box is... ugly..?!  haha  I feel bad saying that, but I think my version of the box is SO much nicer to look at.  I try to keep an eye out for things like this that can be quickly/easily converted into something that works for me.  I think I paid $2.99 for this box- not bad, huh? :) I could see some scrapbooking company charging like $14.99 for a chipboard box that you decorate yourself, so I'm really pleased with how the whole thing turned out.  Hope you're all having a great weekend!


-Suzanne :O )


PS- Last night I went to a penny social called Bountiful Baskets, and I won one of the *huge* business baskets, which just means that a ton of local businesses all chipped in to make these enormous and expensive baskets.  My basket was called "Art Gone Postal" and was full of prints/painted tiles from the local art gallery, several gift certificates (a free pizza, manicure, a $50 gift certificate for a local pub and a $25 gift certificate for the art gallery), 100 postage stamps, mailing envelopes and tape, and a picture frame.  Oh, and $25 cash from our local bank. My friend won one of the "regular" baskets, which was filled with baking goodies- a cookie sheet, a hand mixer, and some other things like spatulas, bowls, and measuring spoons.  I was so happy that we BOTH won something, because there were over a hundred baskets up for grabs, but several hundred ladies were there (and some of them were SERIOUS about winning!! lol) so we didn't think we'd walk home with anything.  Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement because I hardly ever get lucky like that! :D 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice W. said...

Congratulations on your wonderful winnings and your friend too! You deserve it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...