Saturday, June 25, 2011

Land of the Free




Hi there!  Sorry it's been a while since my last post- we had graduation at school so it's been a very hectic week!  Glad that's over- I hate those days where I have to leave work, go home with just enough time to change, grab something to eat, and then head back to work (graduation, open house, scholarship ceremony, etc)!  Anyway, onto my card for today... I made this last week but didn't have time to post it for the Sweet Sunday sketch:



I turned the sketch on its side so I could use my new admission tickets!  I've sold a few but still have plenty left in my Etsy shop if you're interested!  


I matted the tickets with some glittered polka dot red patterned paper from Target and cut it into a banner shape.  The chipboard sentiment piece is from Hobby Lobby- love that subtle design with the polka dots and stars!  I cut out the red patterned paper (K & Co.) and white cardstock with my Nestabilities and added some sparkly gem brads from my stash.  Here's a different angle of the card where you can see the different colored blue gems and a better view of the glitter on the polka dots behind the tickets:



The light blue cardstock was embossed and sanded, and matted on dark blue cardstock. I like how this card turned out, although it doesn't have any images.  I love using up my stash too, like those gem brads! :D  I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!  Not sure what I'm doing with myself yet, but I hope to enjoy the sun after several crummy, gloomy, rainy days!  Thanks for stopping by!


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...