Monday, June 13, 2011

Ted's Pretty Present




Happy Monday everyone!  It's time for another Woodware challenge; this week we are sharing our birthday cards!  We'd love to have you join along, so make sure you link up at the end of my post.  For my card, I used this week's Card Patterns Sketch:



I haven't played along with CP in a loooong time, but as soon as I saw this sketch I knew it would fit my little buddy Ted perfectly.  I grabbed my MME Quite Contrary 6x6 pad (it came free in one of those British mags- LOVE that!) and some white and kraft cardstock and got down to cutting.  I know I used that Labels 18 die on my last Woodware card, but when I was playing around with it, I realized it would make for a great background too, not just a focal piece.  I stamped Teddy several times on scraps to make his gift extra snazzy.  Martha Stewart has nothing on Ted.  ;)  After coloring Ted with my copics and paper piecing the present, I added a brad to the flower to make a dimensional bud.  To finish off the card, I ran a strip of kraft cardstock through my Cuttlebug and added two large Denami Design buttons to complete the sketch.  I wanted to add a sentiment but it just didn't look right no matter where I placed it, so I left it blank.  I think the pretty patterned papers hold their own without a sentiment.  :)

Again, I hope you'll have some birthday cards to share with us.  Play along here:


Have a great week, friends!
-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a great group of patterned papers to go with one of my favorite bear stamps!!! Kerry

Vanessa said...

So cute!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Nancy said...

Suzanne, you have made the most fabulous cards with that Nestie shape, and this one is awesome with the colors and the image! Fantastic!!

Diane said...

Smashing card Suzanne !!

hugs Diane xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...