Sunday, June 12, 2011

there's no tie

 

Hi friends!  I can't believe I'm actually ahead of the game with my father's day card, but here it is!  I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch, which was quite a challenge will all those pieces, but I'm glad I took it on.
I started out with lots of scraps from MME's Lime Twist (Out of the Blue) collection.  I cut the scraps into strips and then die-cut circles from the end of the strips to make the scallops.  The image is by Penny Black, and as soon as I saw that little guy in the set, I knew he would make for a cute father's day card.  I didn't have the sentiment I wanted, so I picked up an alphabet set by Studio G for $1 and made my own.  I don't usually like to do that because it's time consuming, but I figured it might be a good idea to have an alphabet stamp on hand for times like this.  :)  


I added some warm brown gems to balance out the card since I realized afterwards I probably should have put the sentiment to the right side of the card.  The inside of the card has more scraps which I die-cut with my Nesties and added a sentiment by Studio G.  

I hope my dad likes this card... he's always been into dog shows even though we haven't had a dog in our house for almost 30 years, so I think this card will be up his alley.  It's a little cutesy, but that's my style- I think masculine cards will always be tough for me that way!  

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Totem said...

Darling!

Arlene said...

I LOVE this...great take on this sketch. I love the colors and choice of patterned paper. Great job! :)

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...