Saturday, August 16, 2008

Halloween Recipe Cards


Hi everyone! I believe this is my first recipe card post, but I've been swapping these for a while. The recipes calls for Ritz crackers, pretzel sticks, raisins and peanut butter, and after some arranging you'll end up with a cute little spider! I wanted to add the picture so people would know how the "recipe" should look, plus the image doubled as a fun embellishment. The ribbon I bought when I first started making cards, and I don't like it now for two reasons:

1. it's too wide
2. the print is vertical

I think it works well on the recipe cards though and I managed to use up the rest of the roll (woohoo!). I have this weird thing about getting excited when I finish something like that.. I think it's because I feel like I'm clearing space, and also because I get to buy new things to replace the one I've used! Yay!

Ahem. OK, back to the card... I printed the recipe with a spooky font on lime green cardstock, and the scalloped punches are my new toys that I bought at a scrapbook store on Long Island (when I went to visit my grandmother a few weeks ago) ;) I believe the ribbon is from Target (looooove those stacks of dollar ribbons!) I chalked around the edge of the spider with lime green ink, but it's looking yellow for some reason. Anyway, it was a pretty easy card to make, I hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These recipes are super cute! I really like the paper you used. Great job!
-Lindsay

Jen said...

I agree super cute!
-Jen

GiftsByHeidi said...

This is so cute! I love it!! Was this for a swap? I hope not, I would hate to miss out on a recipe swap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...