Friday, August 7, 2009

My first *video*! and mini-tutorial :)

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first (lame) video and mini-tutorial! You will see my embellishments used on this week's Use It! challenge, where we were asked to use a new-to-us technique. I don't know if this technique has a name, but I'm calling it "the white ink effect". :) I'd never tried it before, so I thought I'd document my progress to show you how easy it turned out to be! :)

STEP 1: Stamp your image on white cardstock with Versamark ink. This ink dries slowly and is a bit sticky.

STEP 2: Sprinkle clear embossing powder on top of the stamped image. I used Super Fine Detail powder by Ranger, but any clear powder will do.


STEP 3: Cover the white cardstock with ink. I used Tangerine chalk ink by ColorBox. Swirl it around for even coverage- you want the end result to look like a piece of colored cardstock.


STEP 4: Use a baby wipe to clean off the embossed area. This will remove any excess ink to brighten up the white area.


That's it! Now it looks like you stamped the image with white ink on colored cardstock! Stay tuned to see how I used the "celebrate" pieces on my interpretation of the Use It! challenge.

Check out my very first video- it's super short and poor quality, but I'm thinking about buying a video camera to take my blog to the next level! :) Enjoy, and have a fabulous weekend!

-Suzanne :O )




3 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Suzanne!! Love your video! That's a great technique. Thanks for sharing!

Annette said...

Great tutorial, love the video and the technique!

Anonymous said...

Suzanne. I think it's a fantastic tutorial and you did a perfect job of it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. You'll be a star!Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...