Thursday, August 20, 2009

Use It! #23/Mojo Turns 100 Day 2





Hi everyone! I haven't been able to post much as work is SUPER busy and I've been slaving away at making cards for my craft fairs. The weather has also been wicked, so I haven't felt like doing too much! :) Anyway, here are some combined challenges- the sketch is Mojo Monday and the supplies list is from Regina's Use It! challenge:

1) What is old is new again-
check! I used OLDDDD DCWV brown (gingham?) paper and some K&Co company paisley papers.

2)The eyes have it-
check! Orange eyelets by Making Memories instead of candle flames! :)

3) Neglected stamps-
check! The birthday cake is a dollar bin goodie by Katie & Co. (Michaels).

4)Use a non scrappy item
check! I Cuttlebugged some transparency scraps! I took a close up shot so you could see the embossing. The embossing's not super crisp, but I think you get the idea ;)

I also added some scored-at-a-yard-sale ribbon and colored the image with my watercolor pencils. I used my Fiskars Shape Cutters to cut the white cardstock, a Fiskars border punch, and a corner rounder on the paisley paper. I used staples to keep my transparencies on ;) Hope you like these birthday cards; thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

3 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Great cards Suzanne! Love them. You have been so busy! I don't know how you do it.

Annette said...

These are awesome, too cute! Good for you for doing craft shows, it's one thing that I have wanted to do for years and just haven't taken that step yet.

Anonymous said...

I love the card. and great job with the mojo sketch. I like how you flipped it. and the detail is beautiful!

good luck with the craft fairs. hang in there, hopefully you'll have time to rest up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...