Thursday, July 29, 2010

Martha Stewart/Cosmo Cricket Wedding Cards


Hi everyone!  I've been diving in head first to all of the ISC challenges, especially to help me make more craft fair items!  Michele posted a sketch for this challenge, and I knew I was going to use it for a set of wedding cards.  At my last show, a lady wanted a wedding card literally MINUTES after I had just sold the last pack to a friend of mine.  Go figure, right?!  I could have made my friend a wedding card any old time, but that's life, I guess! lol  Anyway, I told that lady I would be back doing the same show in August, and she said "good, make some variety packs!  I always need cards!"  I don't know if she'll actually come back in August, but she made me laugh, and I figured she was right.  I've been thinking about making a variety pack of all occasion cards since I started doing craft fairs, but I've never actually made an ALL occasion pack.  So anyway, that was my long-winded way of explaining why I just made 8 wedding cards!  :)

I knew I wanted to use up my Cosmo Cricket Everafter paper, because frankly, I don't love it.  It came in a double pack with the Girl Friday collection, which I DO love.  I tried to pick out the nicest papers for these cards.  If you're not familiar with the collection, it comes with a couple of like, burnt orange papers... not my first choice for WEDDING cards, but whatev. ;)  Anyway, I went to town with the patterned papers, and paired some lovely little Martha Stewart embellishments to finish off the cards.  My coworker gave me a pack of 20 of the wedding cake stickers, and 2 packs of the wedding seals (40 seals total) so I wanted to put a dent in both of those, as well.  I also added a bit of grayish-bluish ribbon (which I got for 99 cents at Joann's, and I kid you not, it's a giant spool of 100 YARDS.  Wooo!)  

Tomorrow I'm off to CKC Valley Forge to shop shop shop!  Hopefully I'm come back with some fun card making goodies, but won't put TOO much stress on my credit card!  hehe!  Okay, enough rambling for one evening.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...