Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wrinkles



Hi again!  I made this card for my parents' friend who turned 65 last week.  When I reorganized my room, I came across this small-to-me card (it's a "regular" sized card though, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2") that I wanted to use up.  I pretty much only use 5" x 6 1/2" cards, so working with this small space felt like a challenge to me.  I started off with some kraft paper, and this vibrant Making Memories patterned paper.  I tend to feel weird not putting images on my cards, but since this paper was so bold, I figured just framing a quote would be enough.  The sentiment is by Fiskars, and seemed to fit the celebration well (I hope it didn't offend her though! lol!).  I stamped it in some Aquamarine chalk ink, and used my Nestabilities to frame and mat it.  I added a bit of sheer yellow ribbon, some teeny tiny flowers, and a Making Memories brad.  The ruffle treatment is sheer gold vellum paper, punched with a Martha Stewart border, and I played with the scalloped end to get it to raise up a bit.  


I don't think I could continue to make cards without images, but I do like how this one came out- the paper is so pretty and summery, and does most of the "work" on this card.  Hope you like it too, and are keeping cool- it's a whopping 100+ degrees in New York!!!


-Suzanne :O )  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Very pretty card Suzanne! Love that sentiment! :) Hope you are staying cool. We've been in the 105 range here for a couple days. It's been brutal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...