Saturday, March 21, 2009

blog candy challenge winners!

Congratulations to Christine and Jess for winning my very first blog candy! I skipped out on the voting part because I only got three challenges, but since I'm still waiting to hear back from Heidi I figured I would just go ahead with the two challenges that I already completed :) Okay, I'll start with Christine's challenge first:

She asked me to use:
1. a sketch from Sketch Saturday
2. two different Cuttlebug folders
3. pink, yellow, and blue
4. flowers and buttons

The patterned paper is DCWV (Spring Stack), the brackets, "egg hunt" die-cut and green brad are Making Memories, ribbon and pink polka dot flowers are Doodlebug, and the other 2 flowers are Prima. I think there's a lot going on on this card, but I really like it! :) Thanks for the inspiration, Christine, and for introducing me to a new sketch blog!

Next up is Jess, who asked me to use:
1. card patterns sketch #5
2. polka dots and stripes
3. purple, pink, and white
4. flower, buttons, sheer ribbon, shaped brad
I sort of groaned when I saw that Jess wanted me to do sketch #5, since I already had trouble with it, but I figured this could be a good time to redeem myself (and I was right!) :) It's been a loooong time since I left a white border on my cards, but I think it looks nice here, especially since white was one of my colors. I used medium groovy grape cardstock by WorldWin and pink Making Memories paper. I can't remember who made the flower brads, but I thought they were so neat that I never wanted to use them, so cheers to me for breaking my hoarding habit! :D They come with slits so you can tie a ribbon through them, so that's where I sneaked in the sheer ribbon. ;) The image and white ric rac came in swaps, the striped ribbon is from Michael's, and I ran a white punched circle through my Cuttlebug for extra polka dots :) I don't know why I didn't have as much trouble with the sketch this time, but I'm glad Jess made me try again! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Hope you enjoy my blog candy challenge-inspired Easter cards. Thanks again, ladies, for playing along, I truly appreciate the kicks in the butt you gave me! :D

-Suzanne

PS- Any interest for a challenge blog? I'm toying with the idea... let me know if you have thoughts!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great job on both challenges. I had a really tough time with that sketch too so I thought it would be a good challenge and you did a beautiful job with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...