Wednesday, March 11, 2009

pregnancy card

Hi friends! The counselor I work for is a couple months pregnant and we were having a celebratory lunch (same time as Social Worker Week!) so I made this card for her.

The white/black patterned paper is K&Co and the aqua cardstock is DCWV. (The black is from a notebook I bought at the dollar store.) The red paper frill is by Doodlebug, which happened its way onto the card because I had it lying around on my desk and I decided it would work well here AND it would be great to get if off my desk. Yay- I love using things up like that! :D The "so happy for you" sentiment is by Hero Arts and the image is off of the New Arrival Cricut cartridge. I don't use my Cricut as often as I should because I don't have a set place to plug it in, but it came in SUPER handy for this card ;) I chose to leave the image as a silhouette because I think it would have taken something away from the card to give her an outfit and a skin tone, and then it would look like I was trying to recreate Lisa in paper form, and I didn't want to do that. Plus, I think it looks more "mod" to leave the image as a silhouette. Anyway, enough rambling, I hope you like this card as much as I do! :) Thanks for peeking in!

-Suzanne :O )

5 comments:

Patti said...

Yes! I love the color, paper and embie : ) I have this cartridge and I never thought to use the black. You are right in your assessment! I think it looks very "hip" : ) Great job!

Patti

GiftsByHeidi said...

Really cute Suzanne!! Yes I like the silhouette just as it is, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi, your friend is definately going to love this card. Oh, and I completely agree with your choice of going with the silhouette instead.

Anonymous said...

what a great card! I like the silhouette also. just like it is. It's fantastic. She's going to love the card!

Lisa

Jess said...

Adorable card! The doodlebug frill looks awesome on this card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...