Wednesday, February 2, 2011

thanks




Hi everyone!  I'm sure many of you already know Kim Hughes' work- she's been published like crazy and was an illustrator for Cornish Heritage Farms.  I've always loved her drawings, but since I don't usually order online and the CHF stamps were rubber, I never bought any.  Kim just announced that she's starting her own stamp company, Paper Smooches (cute name, huh?!), so because the stamps are clear this time, I jumped right in!  She's releasing 3 new stamp sets a month, and they're just so darned cute I had to scoop them all up:






I also signed up for her 12 month subscription, where you get a 10% discount, the 3 stamp sets mailed out to you a little earlier than the release, and free card templates.  I figured since I love her work so much, I might as well save 10%! :)  Anyway, she also has some free digital images, so I made a cute little card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch:

I flipped the sketch and used only scraps for this card.  I ran the cardstock pieces through my Cuttlebug, and used pink patterned paper by DCWV and green patterned paper by K&Co.  The bird is colored with my Copics and I finished off the card with some Making Memories twine.  I'm really loving the twine trend right now, but I don't have much.  I've been eyeing twine by The Twinery for some time now... I might have to break down and order some.  Anyway, I hope you like my card, thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )    

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Thanks for sharing the news about Kim Hughes...I love her work too! Congrats on your first design team - have fun with it. Love your card for today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...