Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Hi everyone!  My Mother's Day post is a little over due, but that's because last week was super busy for me.  I teach a card class at a local nursing home and had to spend every afternoon prepping for it.  (Note to self:  do NOT wait until the week before the class to start making the kits!!)  So, due to my lack of free time, I had to scramble Sunday morning to work on my mother's card, but I knew as soon as I bought that Penny Black stamp set that I would use this image for her card.  I love that the mouse is completely stuffed, but looks SO happy!  LOL  



I fiiiiianlly used some really pretty Girl Friday papers by CosmoCricket that I was hoarding.  I used kraft cardstock to mat everything and this month's Sketch for You to Try:

I colored my little mouse friend with Copics and stamped the tiny Doodlebug sentiment on the tag. The sentiment is Melissa Frances and I believe the pink ribbon is American Crafts.  Here's a close up of the image:


I got my mom some lottery tickets, and because I was short on time, came up with this quick and easy french fry-inspired box.  I scored the patterned paper into a normal box shape, and then used my Grand Nestabilities (Grand Ovals) to cut out the swoop in the front of the box so the lottery tickets would peek through.  I decorated the box with some more patterned papers and a ticket from Melissa Frances.  The flowers were in my stash (I didn't even know I had that white crocheted flower!  Score!) and the heart embellishment is an oldie from Heidi Swapp, I think.  My boyfriend told me I should have just put the lottery tickets in her card, but he just doesn't understand anything about presentation, does he!?  lol  :)  Here are a few detail shots of the sentiment and flowers:





I'm pretty pleased with how my project turned out, especially since I did it in a limited amount of time!  :)  I hope you all had an enjoyable Mother's Day!  Thanks for stopping by!


-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

So how did your class turn out??
Hope they had fun.

Love your card, that sketch is a good one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...