Saturday, January 3, 2009

another year wiser




Hi everyone! A quick post to share with you tonight... I made this card last month for my grandmother to send to my aunt (her daughter in law) because she has loved owls for as long as I can remember. The stamp is by Inkadinkado (loooove $ stamps!), the balloon, hat, and "celebrate" are felt stickers by Queen & Co., and I hand-cut the branch. I added a teeny tiny yellow gem from Target's dollar spot to the owl's hat. I'm not sure who manufactured the papers; I think all but one came from swaps. The paper that did come from my stash is the one I used for the background and I believe it's called "Britney's Beads" by Reminisce. I wish I could say I used my cuttlebug for the pink paper, but even that came pre-embossed from a swapping friend (I still only have two folders for my cuttlebug!). The sentiment is from Joann's, which I punched out and stapled to the inside of the card (if anyone has better suggestions on how to adhere vellum, please let me know!). My aunt is very spunky, and I wanted to make a card to match her personality, so hopefully it brought a smile to her face.
I'm not sure why December was such a tough month for me blog-wise... I just seemed to run out of free time, but that's what I'm unsure of- my family hasn't even celebrated christmas yet, so I should have had plenty of free time! :P My brother is driving up from FL in a few weeks, so we will celebrate then. The reason I bring this up is that I hope to start using the "post later" option... I made a whole bunch of Christmas crafts that I would like to share this week, so even if I don't have time during the week, I can still post. yesssssssss :)
I spent my new year's eve asleep with the flu, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2009. I can't wait to see where this year takes us!

-Suzanne :O )

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is so cute, the saying is perfect for the card.thici

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...