Thursday, January 29, 2009

King for a Day

Hello friends! I made this super simple card for my cousin Brad's birthday. What looks like dotted patterned paper is actually the way the card came- I believe it's by DCWV. The card came in a kit with a mish-mosh of DCWV supplies (oh how I miss the mega-Joann's store that closed), so this is another one of my attempts to use up older supplies. The tan paper is K&Co and I think it matches the tan in the dotted paper pretty well, plus it was mute enough to let the crown stand out. The crown is a giant piece of chipboard by Colorbok. The King for a Day sentiment is actually a vellum sticker by K&Co, but I put it on light colored patterned paper (by DCWV) so it would be legible. I was going to add gems to the lower part of the crown, but then I figured the circles' doodlieness would be covered up and the crown would lose some of its charm, so I left it alone. But all in all it's a very simple card; I wanted to let the chipboard be the star of the show and I think I accomplished that. By the way, the card is 5.5" by 5.5", so I think the chipboard was just about 4.5" by 4.5" (pretty big, no?) :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy my attempt at another masculine card, thanks for checking in!

-Suzanne :O )

4 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is a great masculine card! Way to use up some of your supplies!

RDH said...

Hey Suzanne!!! Great guy card!!!! BTW you've been "photo tagged". Visit my blog for more details.

Annette said...

Oh my gosh, I love this card! My last name is King so I love it even more! I have a little blog candy on my blog if you want to enter!

Patti said...

Suzanne ! I thought I lost the link to you blog. I appreciate your recent comment on my blog so I could "find you" again! I will try to re-add you to my fav!

Speaking of favorites : ) I love this card!! I am working on some masculine cards this weekend. This is a great card!!

Hey, Suzanne I have an award for you on my blog. Check it out : )

(((Hugs))) Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...