Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gift Set: Part 1- Masculine Birthday


Ok, so this week (or however it long it takes) I thought I'd post what I gave my secret santa at work. Every day for a week we gave little gifts (I'll show how I packaged those gifts at the end of the week) and on the last day we were told to spend $5 (that was the "BIG" gift!) :) I had previously made a sympathy card for my ss and she really loved it and appreciated my craftiness, so I thought on the last day I'd give her a little gift set. I used the box from my store-bought Christmas cards (I know, I know- how could I? But I got them last year on clearance and I wanted to send photo cards! I promise it won't happen again.) Ahem. Okay, so I used the box which had a clear lid and filled it with 4 cards, a post-it note holder and more of the giant paperclips/bookmarks. I used all K&Co paper to give the set a cohesive look.

So here's the first card... the first of two birthday cards, I wanted (this) one to have a masculine feel because masculine cards always seem to be tough. The turtle stamp is by Inkadinkado, the tag came from a swap, the blue velvet ribbon is Basic Grey and the clear green dots are from Scrapbook Factory. I have a giant bag of fiber, so I'm not sure where that came from, but I tried add interest by tying it around the side.. I don't know how well that turned out, but it is what it is :)

Alrighty, thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for the next card (hopefully) tomorrow!

-Suzanne :O )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...