Monday, January 30, 2012

Let's shell-ebrate!




Hi friends!  How cute is this little turtle friend from Paper Smooches!??  I have to admit I've been neglecting my PS stamps.  They keep coming every month and it's hard to keep up!  :)  I made this card for my cousin who's turning 26 this week.  I decided not to try and tone down the cutesy since this is my style and it's what I do best.  I think it'll make him smile, don't you??  I used lots of patterned papers from Imaginisce's B-Day Bash line and kraft cardstock.  I discovered a little trick, by the way.  I had die-cut the kraft cardstock into a scalloped circle but the kraft got washed out behind the green circle, so I colored the scalloped circle with a dark brown Copic marker and voila!  A contrasting color in a flash!  :D  I'll be using that shortcut again, for sure!  The sketch is courtesy of Sweet Sunday:



I'm digging this week's sketch so much I think I'm going to use it again tonight to make another birthday card!  :D  I hope you like my spunky card, thanks SO much for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is so darn cute! What a fun little turtle!

Karen Giron said...

He is just too cute! Love all the mix of papers -he just pops right off the card. So fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...