Monday, April 25, 2011

Hapy Parfait to You!




Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you all had a lovely Easter!  I'm very excited about this week's Woodware post, because it was a sketch challenge!  Kerry came up with this fabulous layout:




I've been wanting to make these ice cream cones for a while now, so I pulled out my Sweet Tooth set and stamped three cones on my main image panel.  The ice cream that comes in the set has a line where the sauce should be, but since I wasn't making a sundae, I flipped the stamp over and used the back, which was just a solid image.  Can you guess what my flavors are?  I tried to emulate strawberry, chocolate, and mint chocolate chip- did you guess right?  To get the strawberries and chocolate chips to stay inside the ice cream, I stamped the ice cream on a post-it, cut it out, and used the negative image to cover the ice creams that were already stamped on my main panel.  That way any sprinkles that went outside the line of the ice cream went only on the post-it.  (Hopefully that all made sense!)  My cones were colored with Copic markers and then I used lots of cardstock scraps to repeat the colors of the ice cream flavors.  The pink and mint green cardstocks were run through my Cuttlebug for a bit of texture.  I'm not sure that this card turned out the way I wanted it to, but I think that's because I'm used to using patterned paper!  :)  For my sentiment, I pulled out my Ice Cream Parfait set.  I realize that an ice cream cone is not a "parfait", but I really wanted the other sentiment in the set to be on the inside of the card:  "have a cool birthday"  :)  


I hope you'll have a chance to play along with Kerry's sketch this week!  Rumor has it that there may be a blog hop on Thursday with prizes involved, so stay tuned! ;) Hope you all have a great week, thanks for stopping by!


-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cart Ridge said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Nancy said...

Suzanne, your card makes me want to run out and get ice cream! It is so yummy (your card, that is!) Wonderful job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...