Monday, April 4, 2011

Snail Mail Carrier



Hi friends!  Woodware is hosting a monochromatic challenge this week, and I chose to work with green!  My snail friend is from the Ted Remembers set.  Isn't he cute, trudging along with some belated birthday cards?? :)  I colored him in with my Copics and matted the image on some WorldWin cardstock (cut out with my Nestabilities, of course).  I stamped the sentiment on some DCWV cardstock and trimmed it into a flag shape, and matted some more DCWV cardstock behind it.  I believe the patterned paper is K&Co- love that honeycomb shape in a color other than yellow!  I used a Fiskars border punch and added some photo holders, but I can't remember who manufactured them.  I've really been trying to use my older embellishments- I don't see photo holders used much anymore, but I think they look cute.  :)  I had a lot of fun with this challenge, though I cheated a little bit by using brown markers for the dirt.  ;)  I hope you'll play along with us, we love seeing your creations!  Here's the link:


Woodware monochromatic challenge


Thanks for stopping by, I hope your week is off to a great start!


-Suzanne :O )

  

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so cute - I love that snail and the sentiment together!!

Nancy said...

Suzanne, you've done wonders with this set!! Awesome card...you make me love snails!! LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...