Wednesday, April 13, 2011

HoneyPOP Easter!




Hi there!  I'm very excited to share this card with you, as I've not seen any products like it before (you'll see what I mean in a minute!).  For the front of the card, I used some pastel cardstock scraps and patterned paper by DCWV.  I ran the purple cardstock through my Cuttlebug and lightly scrubbed it with some darker purple chalk ink to accentuate the polka dots.  For the focal point, I lined the two images up so it looked like the bunny was leaning against the carrot (this is why I prefer clear stamps!).  I used my Copics and added a bunch of craft floss for the top of the carrot.  To do this, I wound the floss around my fingers several times, then tied it in the middle so it looked like a figure 8.  Then I cut the loop on one side and on the other end, I cut just below where I had tied it off.  Then it made a nice poofy bunch of strands, which I adhered with a glue dot.  To finish off my card, I added some American Crafts ribbon and stamped the sentiment with some Memento ink.


To see why I'm so excited about this stamp set, let me show you the inside of the card!  :)



Ta-da!  The HoneyPOP line of Inky Antics stamps are specially designed to work with honeycomb paper.  I was lucky enough to win the stamp set and a pad of orange paper on the Inky Antics blog, but now I need to get the other sets/pads!  :D  You can see a video on the Inky Antics website that demonstrates how to do the honeycomb piece, and you can also see the other stamp sets:


I added the other half of my floss bunch to the top of my carrot, but now I'm wishing I had added more floss. I'll probably go back and fix that, but you get the idea.  If I had had the green honeycomb pad, I would have used the coordinating stamp, but for now, I think the floss works just fine.  :)  I have to practice a little more with the placement of the images and the honeycomb piece, but this card was SO much fun to make! I hope you like it as much as I do.. thanks for "popping" by!  ;)

-Suzanne :O ) 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice W. said...

I love this. I bought all the stuff to make some of these cards, about a month ago, and still haven't gotten around to it. So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...