Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HOOse birthday is it?




Hi there!  I'm still sick with a cold, but I feel a bit better after leaving work early and taking a 3 hour long nap.  Hopefully this cold doesn't linger too much longer!  :)  I'm playing along with my first Sweet Stop Sketch; with the sketch we were instructed to use "winged things" for a fun spin:



I stretched the sketch out a bit, but I think it's still recognizable.  As I was going through my new Sweet 'n Sassy stamps, I realized the only "winged" creature I had was from the free set they gave me (whew!).  I could have played anyway, using an image from a different company, but I don't like to do that.  I feel like if a company goes through the trouble of hosting a challenge, the least you could do is use their stamps!  :) Anyway, this little owl friend comes with different accessories, and you can see here I chose the party hat and balloon.  All of the papers are from Cosmo Cricket's Delovely line.  I wasn't a huge fan of this line (one of those, why did I buy this? moments), but I'm loving those super bright hues paired up with the black matting!  This sketch was a great way to show off a lot of different patterns, but hopefully it's not too busy!  I colored the owl and hat with my Copics and paper pieced the balloon.  The sentiment and its mat were cut with my Nestabilities, and I added two Prima flowers and Making Memories brads to finish off the card.  After all my hesitation about the collection of papers, I really love how this card turned out!  The inside reads "i hope it's a hoot!" (sentiment by Hampton Arts).  I hope you all enjoy my florescent creation, thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Whoot-whoot! What a cute card! Love that owl image and the pretty papers. :o)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Hope you're feeling better now. What an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

Hugs,
Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...