Monday, July 18, 2011

Clowning Around Card & Tag



Hi there!  Welcome to another Monday challenge over at Woodware USA!  This week the DT is using another one of Kerry's fabulous sketches, but this one is particularly great because it's interactive!  Here's the sketch:



My thought process with this card started off with figuring out what to stamp on the tag.  I wanted it to be something fairly long, to match the shape of the tag, so I pulled out my Clowning Around set (even though I just used it for my 4th of July card!) and chose the tall clown.  I colored him with my Copics and gave him a bright, cheerful outfit to wear.  You can see in the photo below that I added the sentiment beneath him to balance out the white space.








Next, I created the pocket with a scrap of green cardstock, which was run through my Cuttlebug with an old embossing folder.  I added some orange gingham ribbon to the pocket before gluing the sides and bottom to my card.  I deviated a little from the sketch here, but I thought a star would be a cute little touch, and I used a portion of the sentiment "fun at the" to jazz it up.  The patterned paper is DCWV- doesn't it make you feel festive?!, and the blue cardstock was in my stash. :)  To finish off the card, I added more gingham ribbon to the hole in the tag and tucked it into the pocket at an angle.


I hope this card makes you smile, I'm really loving these clowns lately!  If you have time this week, we'd love to see your take on the sketch!  Don't forget you can be considered for a guest designer spot if you put an asterisk next to your name when you link up:


Woodware USA Challenge #35


Thanks for stopping by!
-Suzanne :O )

2 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

You always ROCK that clown! Love the fun colors too. Kerry

Nancy said...

You have been doing some amazing projects with this clown set!! Beautiful job on your creation this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...