Monday, July 11, 2011

Cute Fluffy!


Hi everyone!  We're back this Monday with another Woodware challenge!  Can you guess what it might be..?  If you happened to guess paper piecing then you're right! :)  I really went to town on Fluffy here- you can see below that I paper pieced his body, scales, wings, and even his teeny tiny eyes, teeth and fingernails!


I cut Fluffy out, popped him up on foam tape and set him aside.  I layered the orange patterned paper that resembled fire to me (I believe it's by K&Co) on top of some green cardstock.  To that, I added some white cardstock and a strip of green patterned paper.  To make the sentiment embellishment, I stamped the sentiment with some green ink onto white cardstock and then cut it out with my Nestabilities.  I then traced that same die onto a deep red cardstock so it would mat the sentiment.  He IS cute, isn't he?! :)

After adhering all of my layers, I was ready to add Fluffy and a couple of orange buttons.  It took me a little while to get Fluffy all assembled, but I think it was worth it- I love his green stripes.  :)  I hope you'll have some time to play along with our challenge this week!  Link up here:


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great day!

-Suzanne :O )

7 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Ha ha...He looks so stinkin adorable...Kinda says to me "Duh huh. Tiptoe...I'm sneaking...SCARED! Love the stripes!

Kerry

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Love all of the greens you used on the image. And way to go with all of the detailed paper-piecing.. the nails/claws?! :)

Nancy said...

I am so impressed by all of the wonderful paper piecing on your card!! The greens are amazing! I just love the cutting aspect of paper piecing...reminds me of paper dolls!!

Cheryl said...

So fun! I love the paper piecing! He looks fabby in stripes!



~Cheryl~
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Renee Matarese said...

This is so cute. He's alright in my book, green is my favorite color. I just love the stripes! You did a wonderful job. It's adorable.

Jenny said...

Great paper piecing - perfect for our challenge at Paper Sundaes this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Crystal said...

Oooh that sentiment is just perfect for this cute little image! Thanks for playing along with us over at Paper Sundaes, love your paper piecing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...