Sunday, July 17, 2011

Way to go




Hi there!  I'm back again to share this card I made for my oldest brother.  He has spent the last four years taking classes to become a journeyman and he recently passed his certification test (he's a welder) so my family took him out for a celebratory dinner and gave him this card.  I made it when I still had my 4th of July supplies handy, so I thought it would be fun to group some stars together for the focal point.  The stamps are from Hobby Lobby and I used different Colorbox inks to coordinate with the MME patterned papers (Lime Twist- Fly a Kite).  I popped them up on different thicknesses of foam tape- hopefully you can see that in the photo below:



The sketch is based off of June's SFYTT, which I'm a little bitter about because I was too late to submit my card- rats!  I had the card made but I hadn't taken the picture and posted it in time, so now I'm out of the running for the grand prize in December, but that's my own fault.  I can always play again next year. :)  Anyway, onto the sketch!


For that bottom strip, I stamped the Paper Smooches sentiment a few times to punctuate the card's purpose.  My brother is a pretty humble and modest guy, so I wanted to get really festive with this card- it has been FOUR years, after all!  :)

I hope you enjoy this bright and cheerful card, thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Congrats to your brother! Awesome card too. Sorry to hear you're out of the running for the sketch contest, but you have a good attitude about it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...