Sunday, July 3, 2011

Freedom








Hi everyone!  Happy Fourth of July!  Above is a set of cards I made using those vintage image books that come with a CD so you can print the images as many times as you like (hopefully you know what I'm talking about! lol).  I set up the printing so I would get 4 images on a sheet of 8.5 x 11" cream cardstock and cut the girl out with my circle Nestabilties, careful to leave the flag outside of the circle. 


Next up I punched some stars out of a vintage book, some kraft cardstock and the red DCWV patterned paper (you can't see where I punched the star because I covered it with the blue cardstock ;).. sneaky huh??  lol  Then I die-cut the banner with my Nestabilities and stamped it with a Clear & Simple sentiment in Cranberry Colorbox ink.  I distressed the edges with Creamy Brown Colorbox ink. 







The middle layer has Stampin' Up! ribbon, navy cardstock and lighter blue cardstock punched with a Fiskars border.  I really like how these different supplies came together, from the swirly sentiment to the patterned paper and the text stars, to complement the vintage image.  I hope you enjoy this card set and have a safe and happy Fourth of July!  I'll be back tomorrow with some patriotic jelly bean tubes!


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebecca Mosher said...

Love the vintage feel to this card. Spent some time browsing your blog, lovely work!

We would love to have you join us at the Polkadot Door!

www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...