Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sporty cards

Hi friends!  I've been sick with a cold for the better part of the week, but I didn't want my blog to get neglected so today I'm sharing some masculine cards I made a while back.  The first one was for my co-worker's 7 year old son who had been hospitalized for a little while.  His dad mentioned he loved soccer, so I cleared out the cobwebs in my brain and tried to remember how the field was laid out.  Of course it's not to scale, but before I added the DCWV soccer ball sticker (that's a dead giveaway!), I asked my dad what it was and he knew right away, so at least my field wasn't unrecognizable!  :)  I used some plain green paper and a white gel pen over my pencil sketch.  





For the inside of the card, I added another strip of the green paper and some more DCWV stickers.  





The next card was requested by my friend for her father's 60th birthday.  I used a punch out from a page-a-day calendar and some vintage-y papers from K&Co.  I added some DCWV number stickers to a tiny tag and attached it to some turquoise ribbon.  I don't remember what the inside of the card said, but I'm sure I put something punny like "have a swinging birthday!".  :)





I hope you enjoy these masculine cards!  I'll be back tomorrow with a thank you card I made a while back.. it feels good to post these older cards!  :)


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...