Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Floral thanks



Hi friends!  The fabulous and talented Rae Barthel sent me a TON of SRM stickers when I won her blog candy, so I dove right in and used one of the stickers to make her thank you card.  The piece of glittery floral paper is actually a scrap I cut out from some packaging (it was a pack of double sided stickers and little tubes of glitter.. the packaging showed you how the flowers could look).  It was so pretty that I had to cut out a salvageable piece and then it was sitting on my desk forever.  Apparently I had planned to use it once before but didn't because I had that blue die-cut sitting right with it.  :)  I wanted to use green cardstock to pick up the green in the flowers, and that's not a color I use very often, so it just felt right.  lol  I embossed it to make it less boring, and added a bit of yellow cardstock behind the teal scalloped square so it wouldn't blend into the green cardstock.  I added the sentiment sticker to a scrap of pink cardstock and cut it into the flag shape.  I used orange, dark pink and light pink floss to wrap around the card and tied the strings into a bow.  A matching yellow button was added to the center.  I hope you can tell that I left a bit of a white border around the perimeter of the card, but it might be hard to see with the white background of my lightbox.   Anyway, I hope you enjoy my colorful card and hope it inspires you to save packaging for your cards!


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...